Therapeutic Supports / Social Work Supports are provided for participants in various situations and with a range of issues and support needs.
Participants are supported to build their capacity through specialist assessment of skills, abilities, and needs; holistic assessment of participants’ environment including protective and risk factors; therapeutic supports and counselling, coaching, mentoring; and/or assistance:
In the areas of:
– various individual and social issues
– development of independent living, life skills, and resilience
– life stage planning and transition, such as in accommodation, employment, and education
This is an individualised support for participants to –
- address complex or unclear needs; complex personal, inter-personal and social
issues; and barriers in their unique circumstances.
- focus on recovery and capacity building using their strength.
- gain greater stability, insight, self-knowledge, emotional acceptance and
growth, and the optimal development of personal resources, to work towards
their personal goals.
- improve social interactions and connect with other people and broader
communities and systems of support
- manage and adjust to the participant’s changing needs
- enhance the quality of life and wellbeing of participants and their
- exercise autonomy, self-determination, and self-directed life